Flunkyball, the best German Drinking Game ever!
[Bearbeiten] U Need
- 1-15 empty bottles (take what you have)
- 1 projectile (ball, stick, beer can, fir cone, again take what you have)
- at least 1 bottle of beer per person (you may take glasses but bottles are more fun)
[Bearbeiten] Number of Players
- 2 - ∞ (even numbers)
- 1 referee
Teaser for the Word Championship 2007 in Germany. As far as I am informed, the 2008 championship didn’t happen – German authorities had it verboten.
[Bearbeiten] Before the Game
- Sort the players in 2 teams
- Playing ground: find an open, free space (parking lot, meadow, beach etc.)
- Divide the playing field in 2 equal halves
- Place the empty bottles on the midline (to keep the bottles from toppling – if you have plastic bottles – fill them with water. No, not alcohol. Anybody who does this gets disqualified immediately). They are the target.
- Each team takes his place, about 5 meters from the midline, opposite each others
- Every player of every team gets a full bottle of beer placed in front of him.
- Throw a coin which team begins. This team gets the ball or whatever chosen projectile you have.
- Now the game can commence!
For 4 players in each team it looks like this:
A A A A (Team A) b b b b (bottles) o (ball) t t t (target) b b b b (bottles) B B B B (Team B)
[Bearbeiten] The Game
[Bearbeiten] The Rules
- Team A – the one with the ball – throws the ball and tries to hit as many target bottles as possible.
- Team B jumpstarts and puts up the toppled bottles.
- As long as team B is putting up the bottles, team A is drinking their beer bottles.
- When Team B is back behind their starting line, they hold the ball high in the air. Now team A stops drinking and puts their bottles down on the ground.
- Now it is team B’s turn to throw the ball and team A’s to drink.
- The team that finishes their beer bottles first is the happy winner.
Now the game sounds too easy and not so much fun. But there are some additional rules …
- Everyone who spills beer gets a penalty beer
- beer bottle topples: penalty beer
- Insulting the referee: penalty beer
- drinking out of turn: penalty beer
- for the very hard: puking – penalty beer
All the penalty bottles are additional bottles and the game is not over until all of them are empty.
- If your players are to good, change distance to midline, take a smaller ball, more target bottles, fewer target bottles etc.
- If you use 0,2 glasses or cans for the beer, everybody should get 2 glasses
- Too boring? Play nude Flunkyball, the same rules as above apply :-D
- If the ball goes down a hill, first put up the bottles, then the turn is ended. Recover the ball now.
- ‘’’every’’’ beer bottle that topples has to be killed by the owner, no matter why the beer spilled. And don’t forget, he gets a penalty beer as well… This makes it possible to take a shot at the bottles of the enemy team. Extremely helpful if the rival team is winning!
- From Karlsruhe University (KIT): Instead of an additional penalty beer, replace the actual gaming beer with a new full bottle. Fouls call for a shot of a really disgusting cheap liquor (whatever Aldi/Lidl/Your favourite discounter offers).
- Build a shelf for the target bottles. You can use a latch and 2 bricks. A skilled thrower can move the bricks. This makes the rebuilding of the bottles more complicated.
- Regional from Wuppertal/Remscheid: you start with one bottle in the middle and every emptied bottle is added to the target.
- From Aachen: Phone-a-Friend Lifeline. Once in a game, you can throw your mobile at the bottles, no matter which team has the ball.